Aperture Dental is currently running a promotion for same-day crowns, priced at $995* instead of our regular price of $1800 (terms and conditions apply).
Apart from making it more affordable, it is also now more convenient, with majority of cases able to be completed within the same day!
This is a great chance for you to go ahead with treatment requiring a crown.
Have you been told you need a crown?
Crowns are recommended in a few situations to strengthen the tooth:
- Large fillings – the existing parts of the tooth are now at risk of cracking or breaking
- After Root canal treatment – the tooth is now structurally weaker and at risk of cracking or breaking
- If a tooth is cracking or breaking
- Cosmetic reasons to improve colour or shape of your existing tooth
What is a crown?
A crown, or a cap, is a lab-made prosthesis that fits over the tooth to strengthen the tooth and prevent it from breaking apart.
Traditionally, a crown is made from a gold alloy, or from metal fused to porcelain (PFM).
Newer all-porcelain materials have been developed to withstand the forces of chewing. Some examples of these materials are Zirconia, Emax, etc. They are very strong and they have excellent colour-matching properties.
I am interested, what do I do?
1. Initial Consultation $80
First, we will need to arrange an initial consultation appointment so your dentist can create a treatment plan.
During this appointment, your dentist will assess your tooth, take an X-ray and have a discussion with you. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
This consultation can also take place as part of your dental check and clean appointment.
2. Deposit $200
After the initial consultation, if you decide to proceed with a same day crown, we will require a non-refundable deposit of $200* at the time you make an appointment. (Please see terms and conditions).
Call Us Today
Send us a message to learn more about Same Day Crowns! Our friendly team at Aperture Dental will be in touch with you soon.
Will my private health insurer cover this treatment?
We accept all Private Health Funds. Your rebate amount will depend on your level of cover with your private health insurer. Please contact your private health insurer to find out your Major Dental Cover and conditions.
Some of the relevant item numbers include (but are not limited to):
- 613 – Full crown non metallic indirect
- 072 – Intra oral photographic records
Do you bulk bill for dental crowns?
No, Medicare does not bulk bill for Dental Crowns in private dental practice.
Do you have payment plans?
Yes! We have a few interest-free payment plan options (National Dental Plan, Denticare and Zipmoney) to assist with making your dental treatment more accessible.
Find out more about our Payment Plans
What happens during my dental crown appointment?
Your appointment will take approximately 2 hours. During that time, your tooth will be prepared for the crown, then a digital impression will be taken, and your crown fabricated in our milling machine.
1. Tooth preparation
With any crown, your tooth will need to be prepared. This may mean:
- Removing existing decay or fillings
- Building the tooth up in preparation for the crown
- Shaping the tooth
- Local anaesthetic
2. Digital Impressions / Scanning
- Your teeth will be scanned with an intraoral scanner to create a digital impression. No more messy impressions, bad taste and risk of gagging!
3. On-site Milling
- Once your digital impression is ready, your dentist will plan and design your crown using a CAD/CAM software.
- After that, your crown will be fabricated with our on-site milling machine within 20 minutes.
- During this time, you may choose to watch your crown being milled, continue watching a movie on our 50” TV on our ceiling, or proceed with other treatment (e.g. teeth whitening, any fillings you require, etc.).
4. Cementing the crown
- Once the milling of the crown is completed, it will be polished and cemented on to your prepared tooth!
- In majority of cases, we will be able to cement your crown during that appointment itself. However, there may be a small number of instances where you may require a separate appointment to complete the process.
What technology do we use now?
Digital intraoral scanner
At Aperture Dental, we can now take digital impressions of your teeth using a digital intraoral scanner.
What is it?
The Digital intraoral scanner takes the place of the traditional messy impressions. With an intraoral scanner, we can now replicate your teeth into a digital model in a matter of minutes, much more accurately than before.
How does it work?
The intraoral scanner takes about 1000 pictures per second of each area. And while sweeping it across the teeth, these pictures are stitched together to create a 3D model of your teeth and jaws.
What are its benefits?
This means no more gagging, bad taste, and stains on your face, and accidental spills outside the mouth!
Also, with increased accuracy and digital planning, alterations can be made immediately to ensure the best crown fit for you.
If external labs are required, we can send the digital impressions to anywhere in the world with the click of a button, reducing time wasted on postage.
In-House Milling Machine
With your digital impressions, your crown will be designed using the latest CAD/CAM software technology.
Once the crown is designed, it can be created (milled) right away, on the spot!
Your crown can then be fitted, usually within the hour.
This means an accurately designed crown created within the hour!
Why is this so exciting?
- Messy impressions
- Postage to labs
- Potentially inaccurate with multiple impressions
- Plaster moulds
- Made by a lab technician at another location
- 2-3 weeks wait
- Several visits
- Clean Digital 3D Scanning
- No postage – saving time and no risk of getting lost in the post
- High accuracy, able to make immediate corrections
- 3D printing
- In-house milling
- Same day fabrication and cementation
- Single visit
|Messy impressions||Clean Digital 3D Scanning|
|Postage to labs||No postage - saving time and no risk of getting lost in the post|
|Potentially inaccurate with multiple impressions||High accuracy, able to make immediate corrections|
|Plaster moulds||3D printing|
|Made by a lab technician at another location||In-house milling|
|2-3 weeks wait||Same day fabrication and cementation|
|Several visits||Single visit|
Up to 10 Years Warranty*
The crown itself will be guaranteed for 2 years – including breakage, debonding and re-making a new crown.
Your dental crown will be guaranteed for an additional 8 years*, with regular 6 monthly check and clean maintenance visits at Aperture Dental Practice. This ensures that we catch any problems early, and can take steps to resolve it.
However, any future/further pathology, or its treatment, affecting your tooth itself – eg. dental decay, dental infection, gum and bone disease, fractures of the tooth, root canal treatment, or extractions – which may or may not affect your crown, will not be covered by our warranty.
* Guaranteed warranty for 2 years, with an additional 8 years with regular visits at Aperture Dental Practice.
So if you’ve been told that you need a crown, but have been putting it off because of the discomfort, time or cost, give us a ring on 07 3188 9477 to arrange a consultation to see if Same-Day Crowns are suitable for you!
* Terms and Conditions
- An initial consultation appointment ($80) is required to assess the condition of the tooth and enable treatment planning prior to the SAME-DAY crown appointment.
- If a tooth requires treatment prior to the crown, this may incur further cost and/or extra appointments, which will be discussed as part of the initial consultation.
- Not all cases can be completed within a day. A temporary crown may be required, with a subsequent visit for the cementation of the permanent crown. This will be discussed with you as part of your initial consultation, and may incur a further fee.
- Appointments for the same-day crown are available on Tuesday mornings only.
- This promotion may be terminated at any time without notice at the discretion of Aperture Dental Practice. However, any written quote provided during the promotion period will be valid for 30 days.
- Deposit of $200 will not be refunded for any cancellations with less than 48 hours notice, or failure to attend your appointment. In the event of circumstances beyond your control, and providing evidence to demonstrate as such, the deposit may be refunded at the discretion of Aperture Dental Practice.