Needing an emergency dentist is never fun, but at Aperture Dental we’re here for you.
At Aperture Dental, we are here to help you with all your dental concerns and emergencies. If you urgently need an Emergency Dentist, our Sunnybank Hills Clinic has time slots reserved for emergencies every day.
Why would I need to see an Emergency Dentist?
In our Sunnybank Hills Dental Clinic, some of the most common dental emergencies we see include:
- Knocked-out teeth
- Chipped or fractured teeth
- Broken dentures
- Loose or lost fillings
- Loose or lost crowns/bridges
- Abscess and facial swelling
It is also important to understand that not all dental problems need attention right away from an emergency dentist. Injuries like cracked, broken or chipped teeth can often wait until normal business hours, unless it is causing pain, or it is an urgent social concern.
On the other hand, some oral health issues may need urgent treatment.
If you are having difficulty opening your mouth, swallowing or breathing, contact your nearest Emergency Department to seek urgent attention.
What to do with a knocked out tooth?
Mouth injuries such as knocked-out teeth can occur from sports-related injuries or other types of accidents. First aid for a knocked out tooth:
1. Pick the tooth up by the crown. Do not touch the root of the tooth.
2. If dirty, rinse the tooth with milk. If milk is not available, rinse with tap water for only 1-2 seconds.
3. If possible, insert the tooth back into its socket in the mouth, and gently bite down on a soft cloth or tissue to keep it in place. If it is a baby tooth, do not try to re-insert the tooth. Store the baby tooth in milk or saliva, and bring it along to your dental visit.
4. If not able to re-insert the tooth, soak it completely in milk or water while waiting to see a dentist. Do not store the tooth in water, or let it dry out.
5. See a dentist immediately.
If the tooth has been partially or completely knocked out, it is important to contact us immediately, or seek dental care as soon as possible.
What to do with cracked, chipped or broken teeth?
Impact injuries can cause chips or cracks in teeth. If possible, collect chipped fragments and contact us to arrange an appointment for dental care.
Sometimes, the damage may appear minimal or not visible to the naked eye, but the damage may extend deeper, and cause problems such as pain, further decay, infection, or even loss of the tooth further into the future. It is important to seek dental care as soon as possible.
How do I prevent needing emergency dental services?
Although some emergencies are unavoidable, there are a range of dental best practices that can help prevent dental emergencies. For example, the simplest way to reduce damage to your teeth when participating in sports or recreational activities is to wear a mouth guard.
You can also reduce your chances of cracking a tooth by avoiding chewing hard foods like ice or hard candy. Otherwise, good home oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist are two of the best ways to prevent emergencies. Left untreated, a small problem can grow to become a major concern.
Emergency Dentist Sunnybank Hills
Need an appointment with an emergency dentist now?
Our team at Aperture Dental is passionate about providing the best possible emergency dental care and will book an appointment for you as soon as possible.
Our dental clinic is located on Compton Road in Sunnybank Hills and open six days a week, including evenings and Saturdays.