Achieve the beautiful straight smile you always desired!
Do you want your teeth straightened, but you don’t like the look of the unsightly metal braces when you talk and smile?
Invisalign ® clear aligners may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Have a look at an example of a ClinCheck video that you get BEFORE starting your Invisalign treatment. This helps you visualise your final outcome and SAY YES to Invisalign before you even begin!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners is a way to straighten teeth without the hassles of having metal braces.
Invisalign treatment uses a series of custom made, clear, removable trays called aligners. The aligners are worn sequentially over 9-18 months to gradually straighten teeth without metal or wires. These aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
What's the difference between Invisalign and Metal Braces?
The obvious difference between the two orthodontic treatments is that Invisalign is invisible, and traditional braces attach visible metal and wires to your teeth.
With Invisalign, teeth movements are planned precisely and a 3D simulation of the final result is created at the start of your treatment. Also, the clear aligners are not worn for eating, so you can still eat all your favourite foods, and still floss your teeth like you normally do!
|Invisalign Clear Aligners||Traditional Metal Braces|
|Fixes crowding, spacing and biting issues||Yes||Yes|
|Removable during treatment||Yes||No|
|Normal brushing and flossing||Yes||No - Requires cleaning between wires|
|Normal eating and diet||Yes||No - Requires patient to stay away from hard or sticky foods|
Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Effectively straightens teeth
- Effectively fixes spacing and biting issues
- Clear, almost invisible
- Easily removable for eating, drinking, oral hygiene, and for special occasions
- Visualise final result of treatment before even starting
- You may accidentally misplace your trays, requiring replacement
- Increased risk of cavities if trays are not removing before eating
Traditional Metal Braces
- Effectively straightens teeth
- Effectively fixes spacing and bite issues
- Clear ceramic brackets can be less visible than metal brackets
- Brackets and wires are fixed to your teeth, so it requires more effort to brush and floss
- Requires some diet modification to stay away from hard or sticky food
- Bracket and wires may irritate your mouth
- Bracket or wires may break requiring unexpected extra visits to the dentist
Your Invisalign Treatment Journey
Interested in Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth? Here’s how to get started!
Initial Consultation and Clinical Evaluation
The initial information consultation is for us to understand your smile goals, and provide you with more information about Invisalign. Clinical evaluation includes a FREE digital scan of your teeth. Your dentist will discuss what Invisalign can do for you, and show you a 3D simulation of how your teeth can look with Invisalign treatment!
Congratulations! You've decided to ahead with Invisalign treatment. We will take some photos as part of your orthodontic record and to prepare your aligners.
Let's get started!
Approximately 4 weeks later, your Invisalign clear aligners will be ready! We will arrange a first fitting appointment for you, and you are on your way to that beautiful smile you have always wanted. We will teach you how to look after your clear aligners and general oral health.
Appointments will be made for your dentist to review your treatment progress every 6-8 weeks, but we are always just a phone call away if you have any queries or problems in between.
When treatment is completed, you will be provided with a retainer to wear at night. This helps to maintain the beautiful straight teeth from your Invisalign treatment.
See How a Digital Scan of Your Teeth Works
Invisalign uses 3-D computer imaging technology to depict the complete treatment plan from the initial position to the final desired position from which a series of custom-made, clear “aligners” are produced.
Each “aligner” moves teeth incrementally and is worn for about two weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
Sometimes, your Invisalign provider may instruct you to keep them in for longer than the two-week period. This can be for a number of reasons, e.g. a tooth isn’t moving as planned.
Like brackets and arch wires are to braces, Invisalign aligners move teeth through the appropriate placement of controlled forces on the teeth.
The principal difference is that Invisalign aligners not only controls forces, but also controls the timing of the force application. At each stage, only certain teeth are allowed to move, and these movements are determined by the orthodontic treatment plan for that particular stage.
This results in an efficient force delivery system.
Invisalign aligners are no different from traditional braces. There will be some discomfort, and sometimes the plastic trays can feel slightly sharp in the beginning.
It normally takes about 2-3 days before the teeth and surrounding tissues get used to the trays.
Refinements are done at the end of the treatment if your teeth have not moved according to plan.
It is included with the Full Package Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.